Wednesday, 5 February 2014

The Medieval Artist Mouse

As the last wash of paint is applied to the 'Medieval Artist' I can contentedly lay down the brush and proclaim it finished!

It's a painting that has taken a while to understand itself .  I originally aimed for the warmness of a sitting room before veering towards the coolness of a conservatory.

Created in watercolour, gouache, coloured inks and colour pencils over ink. The original painting is available for purchase. For queries please contact me directly.

Greeting cards and archival prints (29.7 x 21cm) are available at Creations in a Teapot.


4 comments:

  1. Nice! Is he your mouse alter ego - painting away diligently with a faithful pet snail by his side? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....I only wish I had a studio as awesome as this one! Although the snail would have to go ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! This wonderful fairy tale world! I really like!! Since my childhood I can draw. A blog is my view of the 8-year-old grandson.
    I like a lot to deal with children. This is very important!!
    From Hungary : Mamka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Definitely inspiring children with art is an important part of my work!

      Delete