Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Botanical Research

I've been spending the last week busily researching for a possible book project I'll be undertaking soon....this project is not yet a dead cert...

This sketchbook extract is an example of the research I'm undertaking. I'm painting as many different plants as possible to store up in case I need them as reference in the near future.

The variances of green in one leaf is incredible! This was frustratingly apparent in the ornamental holly leaf that seems to hold more variations in green than most....there was smoky blue, sap green, dark green, magenta and at lease fifty further colours! Okay...that was a slight exaggeration.....:)

Some of the deciduous trees are still holding their autumn leaves so I've been pinching a few to record as well...


No comments:

Post a Comment